The confirmed speakers are:
- Dr. Asyraf Wajdi Dato’ Dusuki, President, Islamic Da’wah Foundation (YADIM), Malaysia
- Mr. Jaffar Mohamed Ahmed, Head of Group Risk Management, Al Baraka Banking Group, Bahrain
- Mr. Mohamed Ismail Mohamed Shariff, Adjunct Professor, INCEIF & Managing Partner, Mohamed Ismail & Co., Advocates & Solicitors, Malaysia
- Mr. Rustam Mohd Idris, Deputy Director, Islamic Banking and Takaful Department, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Syed Abdul Hamid Aljunid, Professor of Corporate Governance and Ethics, INCEIF
The IFSB-INCEIF Executive Forum Series is targeted at Members of the Board of Directors of Islamic Banks, Members ofSharī`ah Boards, Members of Governance, Audit and Risk Management Committees; Senior Legal, Compliance and Corporate Secretaries of Islamic Banks; Senior Management of Islamic Banks, Heads of Sharī`ah Governance Functions, Regulators and Supervisors of Islamic Banks, Auditors, Lawyers, Academic and Researchers in Islamic Banking who are encouraged to participate in this series of the Executive Forum.
This second edition of the IFSB-INCEIF Executive Forum will focus on issues related to strengthening both corporate andSharī`ah governance mechanisms in the Islamic banking industry. Corporate governance will be discussed in the context of an evolving industry that is subject to the complexities of business, as well as to the need to promote Sharī`ahcompliance in Islamic banking operations.
The topics that will be covered in this two-day Executive Forum include:
- Thoughts on Corporate Governance
- Getting it Right: Building Robust Corporate Governance Structures in Islamic Banks
- Good Governance Starts from the Top: Creating Responsible Boards of Directors
- Going the Extra Mile: Enhancing Risk Management and Internal Control for Islamic Banks
- Beyond Borders: Understanding Global Practices of Sharī`ah Governance
- Promoting Integration of Corporate and Sharī`ah Governance: Identifying the Issues and Addressing the Challenges
- Moving Forward: Ongoing Challenges in Corporate and Sharī`ah Governance of Islamic Banks
- Supervisory Review of Corporate and Sharī`ah Governance Practices in Islamic Banks
Interested participants in the second Executive Forum on Islamic Finance: “Towards Strengthening Corporate andSharī`ah Governance in Islamic Banks” are invited to register at www.ifsb.org. Please contact Mrs. Azizakhon Yarlaeva firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The third Executive Forum on Islamic Finance: Takāful will be held on 8 – 9 October 2013 in Kuala Lumpur.