Kuala Lumpur, 7 Sep – INCEIF is pleased to welcome Dr Mohamed Fairooz Abdul Khir who joins the university as Associate Professor. His area of expertise is Shariah, and he is actively involved in the industry as a Shariah advisor.
Dr. Mohamed Fairooz graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree of Islamic Revealed Knowledge And Heritage (Fiqh) from the International Islamic University Malaysia and obtained his Master in Shariah & Ph.D. in Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh and Islamic Finance from University of Malaya.
Prior to joining INCEIF, he served Islamic University of Malaysia as an Associate Professor at Cluster of Islamic Accounting, Finance and Banking. He was previously with the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) as a researcher and headed the Islamic Banking Unit. Before ISRA, he served Centre for Foundation Studies at International Islamic University as a lecturer at the Department of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences.
Dr. Mohamed Fairooz is:
- Chairman of the Shariah Committee for Agrobank since August 2012
- member of the Shariah Advisory Council of Securities Commission Malaysia
- member of Maybank Islamic Zakat Committee
- member of Fatwa Committee of Perak (Ahli Jawatankuasa Fatwa Negeri Perak) since 2017
- Board Shariah committee member for CIMB Islamic Berhad, MNRB Holdings Berhad and Takaful Ikhlas
INCEIF is confident that Dr Mohamed Fairooz brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the university, and looks forward to his contribution in making INCEIF the knowledge leader in Islamic finance.