BNP Paribas – INCEIF Centre for Islamic Asset and Wealth Management (CIAWM) grants scholarships for INCEIF’s PhD students on yearly basis since 2013. This year, the Centre is awarding four (4) scholarship awards to deserving scholars who are currently undertaking their Thesis or Dissertation. In view to promote scholarship in Islamic asset and wealth management field, preferences will be given to candidates who plan to pursue their research in this area and have the potential to significantly contribute to the discipline.
The scholarship is only for PhD candidates. Potential applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Have completed all coursework and passed the Comprehensive Exam
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 upon completion of all PhD coursework
- Are currently not receiving any form of financial aid or scholarship
- Have completed a research proposal in the area of Islamic asset and wealth management that has been endorsed by the Thesis Committee
Applications will be considered based on the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate.
- The quality of the proposal.
- The potential of completing the research and contributing to the Islamic wealth management discipline within the stipulated time.
*SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL AND WILL BE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW
- The scholarship:
- carries a monthly stipend of RM1500 for a maximum period of 18 months, and
- covers tuition fees for 24 credit hours of dissertation for PhD by Coursework or 42 credit hours of thesis for PhD by Research
- To commence on the 1st of September 2017
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All successful applicants who accept the award will be required to sign a letter of commitment to comply with all the stipulated conditions of the scholarship.
- All scholars must submit a quarterly progress report validated by their supervisors. Failure to do so will be construed as breach of the acceptance condition and will risk the withdrawal of the award.
- Scholarship may be terminated at any time for reasons of breaching any of the ‘conditions for acceptance’ and/or unsatisfactory conduct or unsatisfactory research progress.
- The Advisory Board has the unconditional right to publish the names of the successful candidates on the CIAWM Webpage.
- The Advisory Board has the right to ask scholars to present their proposal and /or research findings to the Advisory Board or any conferences organized by the Centre or INCEIF.
- Any proprietary rights of the research belong to BNP Paribas and INCEIF.
31st July 2017
HOW TO APPLY?
Applicants are required to submit a hardcopy of their:
- Academic Transcript certified by Academic and Student Affairs Division (ASAD)
- Research Proposal and
- Curriculum Vitae
to Professor Dr. Zulkarnain Muhammad Sori (email: email@example.com | phone: +603 7651 4173) or Ms. Diana Melissa (email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: +03 7651 4057). Application submission after the stipulated date will not be entertained.