All international students need a student pass to study in Malaysia. The Immigration Department of Malaysia issues and regulates the passes, and all student visa applications must be made through INCEIF to EMGS.
NEW STUDENT PASS
- Please ensure that your passport has a validity of at least 18 months.
- Once you have submitted complete documents, INCEIF will send them to EMGS for Visa Approval Letter (VAL) processing
- Please note that the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) processing will take 6 to 8 weeks after submission. However the issuance of the VAL is entirely at the discretion of the Immigration Department.
- Once approved, INCEIF will notify and send the VAL to student. Kindly contact or visit the nearest Malaysian High Commission/Malaysian Embassy/Consulate or search http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/mission to obtain the SEV (if applicable) before purchasing your flight tickets to enter Malaysia.
- The VAL is valid for only six (6) months. Once you have made your travel arrangements, please inform the University at least seven (7) working days before leaving your country. Please bring a copy of your VAL.
- For Immigration clearance at the airport, INCEIF’s representative will be there to help you. A transportation from the airport to your accommodation will also be provided. Please note that student needs to find their own accommodation however should you need INCEIF assistance you may contact officer in charge at email@example.com
- New international students are required to attend a medical screening at a panel clinic in Malaysia within 7 days of their arrival date. You can find a list of panel clinics here. You may also use the EMGS mobile app to navigate to a clinic near your location.
- After your medical screening, you must submit your passport to our International unit within 7 days of your arrival for your Student Pass endorsement.
- At INCEIF we are doing our best to meet the accommodation needs of our students. In order to meet this responsibility, INCEIF may offer the students to choose their preferences either by university-managed accommodation or private accommodation (self-arranged).
- If you choose to request INCEIF to manage the accommodation for you, please fill in the “Student Accommodation Form“ that can be obtained from INCEIF’s website.
- Further information and details can be found in that form, and your preferences and request will be advised accordingly.
- Completed form can be submitted to the person in-charge:
Ms. Siti Siswazah Mohamad
Office : +603 7651 4084
Fax : +603 7651 4094
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
RENEWAL STUDENT PASS
- Students are advised to submit their passport and payment for Student Pass renewal at least 2 months before the expiry of their current Student Pass. This is to ensure that there is sufficient processing time for external bodies and to avoid overstaying.
- An additional cost of RM153 (Special Pass fee) will be charged for students who do not renew within the allowed period.
- The approval of your student pass renewal is subject to:
- Passport: Your passport should have at least 18 months of validity.
- Attendance: You should have an attendance equal to or more than 95% upon first renewal and at least 80% on subsequent renewals. If you were absent for three (3) consecutive days in class, you need to provide a valid reason to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Academic results: You must have a minimum 2.00 CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average). Anyone having less than a 2.00 CGPA will have to reapply, leave the country, and enter Malaysia with a new VAL.
- Please note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia has the right to cancel a student pass based on poor academic results and attendance.
- The renewal endorsement may take approximately 6 – 8 weeks (from the date of your passport submission to EMGS). You should NOT make any travel arrangement during your endorsement process till your passport is return to you with a valid Student Pass.
- If you renew or change your passport, you will need to transfer your student pass to the new passport. The duration for transferring the Student Pass (sticker) would be 14 working days upon submission to EMGS office. The charges for the Student Pass transfer depending on the nationality.
CANCELLATION/SHORTEN OF STUDENT PASS
- Whoever wants to change the pass from student/dependent pass to another type of pass, applicant needs to apply for cancelation of the valid pass. Applicant then can get a release letter from INCEIF’s International Unit.
- The cancellation/shorten fee is RM 53.00.